Friday, January 7, 2011

Reese in the Kitchen

My little one loves to cook...so much so that she gets upset when I won't let her put her creations into the oven.  She doesn't quite understand that whole hot = burn thing.  But she cracks eggs, measures ingredients (with a little help), mixes and assembles.  The girl already has 3 aprons - that's one more than I have!

She learned to use the microwave (which scares the bejeebees out of T), but she's very careful and knows what does and doesn't go in there.  And, it's not like I'm off eating bonbons when she's doing it...I'm right there!


We went to a friend's house last weekend to watch the Fiesta Bowl (yippee Sooners!) and she decided we needed to take cupcakes to the soiree...


Here's a look at our cupcake making adventure.

Reese size table in the kitchen - check!
Measuring spoons and whisk on hand - check!
Let's get this project started!
Are there shells in there?
Fill 'em up!
Did you notice that in addition to making cupcakes -
she's changed her outfit 3 times?
I didn't have any icing on hand (and was too lazy to make any), so I ran to the store to pick some up.  She was chomping at the bit to get those puppies iced! 

She had the food coloring in hand as soon as I walked back in the door.  She asked if we were ready to ice and I said we were.  I turned around to divide the icing in smaller portions for coloring.  I turned back to find that she had already opened the blue food coloring and had put several drops directly on a cupcake.  I ever so gently explained how the food coloring/icing thing works and then made sure she was allowed to test the first one she "iced"

You can't really tell, but in the top picture, her lips are stained a little blue.  But, she had a blast and never knew that she had shown me a new (albeit, unconventional) way to use that food coloring.

Thanks Reese for helping Mommy in the kitchen and for always coming up with a way to make me smile!!!

3 comments:

  1. Man, you have quite the little helper there, huh?? So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys love to bake too! Isn't it a fun way to hang with them? And the end results are yummy!

    ReplyDelete