This weekend I decided to cheat. Hubby was out of town and Reese was sick. My Mom's sick too, so I felt I deserved a little treat. Once I decided to do it, it was like my car was on auto-pilot remembering the many times we've done this before.
I pulled into the drive-thru of a popular ice cream store here in town. I ordered a large (justified because it was only 50 cents more than small) chocolate heath mix. I got to the window and paid for the goodness about to come my way. A few minutes later, I saw the girl headed to the window with my treasure...only it wasn't chocolate, it was vanilla. Well, I didn't order nor did I want vanilla - and if I was going to cheat, it should be with something that I really wanted.
So, against my better judgement, I told her my mix was supposed to be chocolate - I've always heard not to send anything back or it will be returned with a little extra spit (or worse), but I wanted what I wanted. She returned with my chocolate mix a few minutes later and we merrily headed toward home.
After changing Reese's clothes (and mine), I finally got her situated on a pallet in the living room. She promptly fell asleep so I decided to eat half of my mix.
The first few bites were scrumptous. Delicious chocolate mixed with heath bar...if I was going to cheat, this was surely the way to do it.
I got about a 1/4 of the way in when I started to notice streaks of vanilla - I stirred a little deeper to investigate. And much to my surprise and dismay, I discovered that the entire bottom half of my mix was vanilla! So, girl just dabbed a little chocolate syrup on top of the mix THEY MADE WRONG, and stirred it around to make me believe I was getting what I wanted. If you're going to deceive me, at least do it right.
I thought about calling to complain, but it was late and I didn't think they'd care when my whole ticket was a whopping $2.81. So, my cheat cheated me. And I'll never know if they did a better job deceiving me with the spit or not.

Ugh, what laziness! I'd have totally been bummed. YOU WANTED CHOCOLATE!!!!
ReplyDelete