![]() |
| What I would have looked like if I'd graduated in 1966 |
76. I've been the victim of a robbery...well, I guess the bank I was working for was actually the victim, but I was the one with the gun in her face. He was 18 and will not see the light of day until he's middle-aged. His gramma turned him in when she saw him on tv in the outfit she got him for Christmas.
77. I learned a song in junior high that I committed to memory for the sole purpose of singing it with my own children some day. I smile inside and out when Reese sings it now.
78. My Dad used to take us to the heated docks to fish. I'd take books and anything else I could think of to occupy my time besides fishing. Now, I love to camp, but still despise fishing.
79. When I was a kid, my Dad was in the Navy. One summer when we lived in Spain, we tent camped through Europe. I've been to Portugal, Germany, France, Switzerland, Morocco, Italy, Holland, and countless other countries.
80. I was mad when my family moved from California to Oklahoma because it was the summer before we were going to get to take swimming lessons during school. My Dad promised me a horse (I named her Winnie) I never got. She's the premise for my blog name.
81. I once wrote, "I love such-n-such" on the bathroom wall in Denny's. The guy's name I wrote told me a few days later that someone told him his name was on the bathroom stall and wanted to know if I'd written it. I denied being the culprit, but have never written on a bathroom wall again.
82. I have to wear glasses to drive. My optometrist says I'm barely legal to drive without them. I should wear them all the time because I can't see worth a crap, but I don't want anyone calling me 4 eyes!
83. I once paid way too much money to have my Glamour Shots done. I look back at them now (20 something years later) and think, "hey, you didn't look too bad!"
84. I don't know the true color of my hair. I suspect it's still the same dish water blonde it used to be 20 years ago, but now spattered with many greys.
85. I used to have a rabbit as a pet...an indoor pet. I taught him to use the litterbox and he had free reign of the place...that was, until he chewed the wires on my stereo. ooooh, I just made that sound like he was electrocuted - he wasn't, but he wasn't allowed to roam free anymore unless I was home.
86. Reese was due on my 40th birthday. She chose not to come (or even to think about coming), so we went in and got her 4 days later. Ironically, that makes my birthday on the 17th and hers on the 21st...my 2 favorite numbers - coincidence? I think not!
87. My sister and I once kiped my Mom's car while she was sleeping. We rolled it out of the garage, started it in the middle of the street and drove to the local dance joint. We weren't there 10 minutes before heading back home because we were fearful she'd wake up and we'd be toast.
88. I didn't know how to spell kipe before looking it up on dictionary.com (because I'm such a good speller, you know!)
89. My favorite dog (Cinnamon) was hit and killed by a car. I was babysitting - the little boy opened the door (no, I did not know he could do this), Cinnamon took off. I was running after him when I looked back to see the boy toddling out the front door. Dog or Kid? I chose the kid...
90. I have really strong fingernails - they're probably my best "feature". My Mom always said I should have been a hand model. And no, I never thought she said that 'cause she thought I couldn't make it on the runway!
91. My driver's license says I weigh 135 - I don't.
92. When T and I got married, we decided to live in his house and get rid of mine. I really loved my house and lobbied to keep it as a "vacation" house even though it's in the same city. I wasn't serious and we sold it, but we still refer to it as the vacation house.
93. My Mom was homeroom mother when I was in 2nd grade. We were writing stories about St. Patrick's Day and someone asked her to write leprechaun on the board so they'd know how to spell it. I corrected her when she spelled it wrong...I told you I was a good speller! But, what a crappy daughter..
94. When I was growing up, I always wanted to have 4 kids. Now, I don't know how I'd afford that many!
95. I had to have surgery when I was little (5 years old) which meant an overnight stay in the hospital. My dad called and said he was going to bring me a whole bag of candy and asked what kind I wanted. I wanted circus peanuts, but didn't know that's what they were called, so I described them as orange and squishy. He brought me orange slices. I never told him he brought the wrong thing.
96. I wanted to be a dentist when I was little...not a ballerina or a famous actress - a dentist!
97. I didn't become a dentist and now don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
98. I've been driving 28 years and have owned 12 cars - maybe I should be a used car salesman.
99. I love amusement park rides - except for the ferris wheel!
100. I'm glad this list is done - it's hard to think of all these things about yourself.
If you've read this far, thanks! If you want to know anything else, just ask.

No comments:
Post a Comment