Reese looooveeesss to eat at the Chinese Buffet. She's been asking to go there since before she was 2. We've always gone to the same place unless you count the one time we cheated on Yummy Buffet and went to Taste of China. I don't know why we chose Yummy to begin with, but it stuck. If I ask her where she wants to eat, she always says "Chinese Buffet". Most kids would say their favorite place is McDonalds, but not my sophisticated sweetie! It got so bad, I quit asking just so we could have a break.
Well, I went back to my old ways the other night and asked where she wanted to eat. I should not have been surprised when "Chinese Buffet" came out of her mouth. I wasn't feeling it, but decided I shouldn't have asked if I wasn't willing to go with her choice, so we headed to Yummy.
Now, I will admit that I thoroughly enjoy their Bourbon Chicken, but I suspect the true reason Reese always wants to go there is for their sugar bread. Soft round yeast rolls covered in sugar. They make your hands super sticky even if you're not 4 years old. She always eats at least 2. I'm very fortunate to have a great eater who will try anything. She always has some shrimp, sweet and sour chicken and green beans. I figure if she eats those, a couple of sugar breads won't do her in.
So, we get to the strip center where Yummy Buffet resides only to notice a huge yellow banner covering the sign. I drive by this center EVERYDAY...how did I not notice this banner before now?
So, needless to say, Reese was a little disappointed and even tried to get me to check the door - maybe they're really open they just don't look like they are. So, I asked where she wanted to go instead and what do you think she said? You're right...McDonalds. And I just thought I wasn't feeling like Chinese...
My mom loves those chinese buffets places. Whenever we go out to eat together (which is rare, since we live across the country from one another), she wants to go there. I mean, I'd rather some seafood restaurant or other nice place, but she just loves those Chinese buffets.
ReplyDeleteSide note: Every time I see Taste of China, my mind reads it as Taste of (insert female reproductive organ here). True story. Lol!