Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Komen 3 Day for the Cure Update

Just a quick update to keep myself on track:

In the month of August, I walked/ran a total of 109 miles (that's like walking from Tulsa to Oklahoma City!!) which took a total of 26 hours and 47 minutes...Run Forest Run!  Between now and the walk, my weekly training miles will continue to increase.

I've raised $795 of my $2,300 entry fee which means I need to raise $1,500 more to participate in the event.  I've made salsa to sell at work and plan to have a bake sale.  I still haven't ruled out standing at the highway offramp to solicit donations :)

So, I'm proud of my progress, but more thankful for the support and encouragement I've received from friends/family as I continue on this trek to help kick Breast Cancer in the booty in honor of my Mom!

If you know anyone who may be interested in donating to a very worthwhile tax-deductible cause, please direct them to my homepage - I'd be ever so grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment