Monday, July 18, 2011

Conversations with Kayla

I have finally begun my training (in earnest, this time) for the 3-Day-for-the-Cure event I will be attending in November.  I have to walk 20 miles/day 3 days in a row...60 miles total.  I figure I better go ahead and get off my butt if I expect to really be able to do this thing. 

So, 3 days a week, I'm going to the mall at lunch.  Sounds like I'm gearing up for a shopping marathon, not a major walk,  huh?  The reason I'm going to the mall is because it's 100+ degrees here during my lunch hour.  Last week, I made the mistake of walking outside at the park, and I think I almost died!  So, I walk at the mall with all the old people (man are they cute!!).

Anyway, all that said as background for the conversation Reese and I had this morning.

Reese:  "Why are you taking those clothes with you to work?"

Me:  "So I can get my walking in during lunch"

Reese:  "Won't that make you spill everything?"

Short conversation, but it's made me smile all morning!  

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! 20 miles per day. You rock! You can do it. Good luck with your training!

    Kayla cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete