I'd been trying to get my haircut for the last 4 months. My sylist took a job teaching at the local Beauty College, but I was told she was taking clients some evenings/weekends. I left several messages, but never received a return phone call.
I started to take it personally! I'm guessing that my measly "trim" wasn't worth her time when she could book someone who wants a color or something more expensive. I even tried to throw in the caveat that Reese needed her 1st haircut and we wanted to do them together (cha ching), but no such luck. I'd been relegated to the pits of clientele worthiness.
But, I still needed a haircut (and so did Reese). I'd been kind of ignoring it, but my split ends beckoned to me each morning right after fixing my hair and my bangs were so bad that my male boss even mentioned they needed a trim. It wasn't helping that Reese kept saying, "I thought you said we were going to get my 1st haircut, Mom".
So, I verified with T that he had no interest in being present for the 1st cut (besides the bang trims I'd done at home), and then we marched right into Supercuts...there, I said it, I went from having my own "sylist" to getting my haircut at Supercuts.
I let Reese go first, not because I wanted to make sure this girl had any skills before I let her touch my head, but because I wanted to take pictures while Reese was still excited about the prospect of a haircut -
yeah right!
yeah right!
Needless to say, my worries were for naught and we both ended up with haircuts that should last us another 6 months!! The best part...our total with tip was less than $30.
Take that Beauty College teacher :)
Take that Beauty College teacher :)
No comments:
Post a Comment