Friday, December 17, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas


I started a new tradition last year with Reese (well, actually I stole it from my sister, but pretend I was genius enough to think of it myself).  We go to the Dollar store and she picks out gifts for each family member: 
Daddy, Grammy, Uncle, Aunt and cousins.

It was really exciting this year because she had a list in her head of what she was wanted to buy for each person before we got to the store.  For J, I'm getting a headband, for T I'm getting markers, etc.  I thought it was cool that she was actually thinking of things that were useful and relevant to their lives.  In reality, every kid her age may do that and she may not actually be ahead of the curve, but in my mind, I considered her miles ahead of anyone else...like all us Mom's do I'm sure.

Anyway, she picked out her gifts and even convinced me that we had to have the princess paper to wrap them in lest our Christmas be incomplete.  The 5,673 other papers we already have just wouldn't do...so princess paper made the cut.

We took the gifts home and got ready for all the fun


I let her do it all...including the cutting!

Never have packages been taped so securely :)


She needed a little help with spelling, but got all names on their respective packages

No gift wrapping experience would be complete without the obligatory "silly face" picture



So what fun traditions do you have that I can steal, I mean totally think up on my own?

1 comment:

  1. That is a really fun idea, having her shop for them. Smart kiddo!

    I haven't really got any traditions lined out. I like to cook a big breakfast meal for Christmas Eve dinner. I use to buy an ornament each year that had 3 little characters on it...like 3 birds or 3 bears...something to represent our family...needless to say, that got dropped:)

    ReplyDelete